Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Connected Science: Science Project, Wiki's, Google Docs, and Skype

I LOVE my Twitter PLN (Professional Learning Network) #kinderchat !  We have been doing some exciting things this year!

My class has joined  Kindergarten classes from Canada, US, and New Zealand to find out if eggs are the same around the world... We are conducting a simple but fun science experiment.  More information can be found here, Eggciting Experiment Wiki, on the procedures and observations with the kids.  There are google docs embedded in the page that we have used to document the project. 

Today my students skyped on the iPad with a K class participating in the project from Vancouver Island, British Colombia- a couple of my students showed their eggs, and her students shared theirs.  The children had a great time sharing their observations.  I love skype play for the converstions and sense of wonder the children have.  They discussed the time (Vancouver BC is in the same time zone as us) weather (they had rain too) and even recess.






1 comment:

  1. This is a nice and wired experience for the toddlers. It is essentially connected e-learning that will help them learn in science and culture. I would like to take a cue from this one wherein me and my class could study other languages from the countries via alphabet for kids and English as a medium.

    ReplyDelete

Comments with links to other webpages WILL NOT be published. All comments are moderated due to spam and links to spam pages. Thank you!

Popular Posts